April 11, 2015
Bathroom Fix-Up: All Done (well, mostly...)
By now you all know that I've been working to fix our bathroom after our original plumbers made a mess. And I've finally finished!
Well, sort of. I just need to put up the shelves and the rails. But otherwise I'm done.
I feel quite accomplished finally putting up the decor that I bought for the room, such as the mirror tray and candlesticks.
My favourite details, though, are the drawings I did on the wall - the fish swirl design and the matching leaf design above the doorway - and my lamp cover.
I also quite like the geometric decorations on the yellow feature wall.
For the lampshade, I just used our old one but used stained glass paints and liner to paint on the design, which I modified from one I found on the web. Here's a tutorial so you can make your own!
The fish mural is also slightly modified from one I found on the web. At first I didn't like it, but once I thickened the main lines and painted in the silver scales, Mr Fish grew on me. He's a talking point, especially with Emma.
The before and after image says it all though. :)
I would love to know what your opinion is before we start to makeover the shower room, which is also a mess.