A personal blog with craft tutorials, reviews of books, films, and music, parenting advice, and opinions on society and politics.

April 25, 2012

Music Review || Markus Wormstorm

markus-wormstorm-art
Markus Wormstorm is a South African electro artist, and is highly-acclaimed among some of the top musicians in the country today.

Although his name is not on everyone's lips, it should be - I am known for my varied taste in music, and his electronic sounds have managed to make their way onto my playlist with ease. And I'll be honest, I'm not really an electro fan.

You should definitely give his new album, called 'Not I, But a Friend', a listen - it's certain to expand your musical horizons.

Take a listen to his work on SoundCloud.

Incidentally, one of Markus' songs appears on the compilation CD of music inspired by Lauren Beukes' dystopian novel Zoo City (which is on my to-read list). The compilation isn't too bad either, though it eventually became a little too much for my alternative brain! :)

{Image credit: Facebook\Markus-Wormstorm}