A personal blog with craft tutorials, reviews of books, films, and music, parenting advice, and opinions on society and politics.

December 26, 2010

Our Christmas

26 December 2010

Christmas was fun yesterday. I spent it with my wonderful husband and family. As I've said before, I didn't have much time this year to make any gifts, so my gifts were very simple this year. But then, my parents are truly difficult to get presents for!


I finished icing the Christmas cake early in the morning - I was very proud, and I really had fun doing it. The first layer of royal icing was too watery, and the second layer was the result of some further research to find out that I had to beat the icing until it formed peaks. Who knew! :)


Meep also got in on the Christmas action - she was sucking up so much yesterday - must have been grateful for the excessive amount of fish we gave them in the morning - and was generally making everyone sigh about how cute and sweet she is. Which she is, of course!

Hope everyone has a great Boxing Day!