A personal blog with craft tutorials, reviews of books, films, and music, parenting advice, and opinions on society and politics.

July 23, 2010

Cutting my own hair

Woman Having Bad Hair Day
23 July 2010

I want to cut my own hair this weekend!

It's a daunting prospect, because I know how horrible I've felt before with a cut that was less than I was expecting (or more - whatever the case may be: I once went for a trim, giving the hairdresser my exact specifications, and somehow I had ended up with a cut just like my mom's, even though we had given different specs! And it was poofy!)

I think perhaps I'll try this how-to guide from Wikipedia's WikiHow. It seems simple enough - keep your hair wet, cut it all the same length from your bangs to the back of you head - got it!

The entire idea becomes more overwhelming as I imagine myself getting all knotted up with the scissors and my thin hair, snipping off way too much and looking like a baldy, cutting way too skew and discovering my "emo" side, bits of hair flying everywhere as I frantically attempt to rectify my ugly hairdo...

urgh...maybe I should rather leave it to the hair dresser!