A personal blog with craft tutorials, reviews of books, films, and music, parenting advice, and opinions on society and politics.

March 6, 2009

No time

6 March 2009

I haven't written anything for so long!

I feel genuinely sapped and mentally exhausted. Work has been very hectic, and I have had never-ending responsibilities. I'm not really complaining, though, because I asked for a job that was challenging and constantly giving me new and more things to do. So, despite coming home and feeling like doing nothing but sit in front of the television and eat, I am relatively satisfied.

The reason that I'm writing this today is that I was thinking about how much work saps from your life. It takes five out of seven days of every week, or 40 hours, depending on how hard you work! :)

It takes maybe 20 days of every month, and so maybe 240 days out of your year. This is all time that is taken away from your family, your friends, your hobbies, your relaxation, your self. Unless, of course, you have the perfect job, and love everything about it, and it's more of a hobby than a job. Then I don't think that you would feel this way at all.

Imagine having the job you've always dreamed of. I wonder if it will really be all you dreamed it would be though, or just another way for you to lose time by thinking that you enjoy it!